Home » , , » Review | Easilock Hair Extensions

Review | Easilock Hair Extensions

Written By master video on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 | 2:16 AM


In my previous blog post you can see I was debating to get some hair extensions, welll...I finally went ahead with it and here is my review about them! 

After lots of research I finally found the perfect place to get my hair extensions done! I went to VL Hairdressing which is located in Upminster Essex. The reason I chose this salon was because a few celebrities had got theirs done there like Amy Childs, Frankie Essex and Chloe Sims all form TOWIE, so I knew the salon was professional and it was one of the best places to get them done. 

Surprisingly the hair extensions were cheaper than I thought at VL Hairdressing...they start at £520 and go up to £620 depending on the thickness that you want...mine ended up costing £620 as my hair is kinda thick and I wanted as much volume as possible! 

My hair before the extensions

Before getting the Easilocks fitted I had to go to the salon and get a colour match to my hair colour as they needed to be ordered into the salon from Ireland. When arriving at the salon they were very nice and took a good amount of time to decided on the perfect colour to my hair. It was quite difficult as I have lots of colours in my hair from brown to honey blonde to ash blonde, so I ended up getting 4 different coloured extensions to get the perfect match!

It takes 1 week for the hair to reach the salon and I was told it would take up to 4 hours to get the extensions fitted, cut and styled so I booked my appointment for Saturday at 9.30am!! 
When Saturday finally came along I was soo excited to get them done, but also nervous about how they would turn out...after 2 and a half hours they were finally finished! Now it was time to cut and style them which took about an extra hour...I was surprised at how fast the time went as I was expecting them to take forever and to be really bored, but it went quicker than expected and I couldn't wait to see the finished result.

Just after getting them put in

I was unsure as to what length I wanted the Easilocks to be, but once they were finished I knew straight away that I wanted to keep as much of the length as possible, it felt like I had princess hair!! 
When styling them I had to get the ends trimmed off to make them look better and I got a few layers around the front so that they blended in better with my natural hair and didn't look too fake...I also asked my hairdresser if she could finished them off by curling them which she did and they looked amazing!! They felt so thick and bouncy, I felt like a new person!

Finished result!

Before leaving the salon my hairdresser gave me the Do's and Don'ts of the extensions so that I could look after them as well as possible...

Do's
  • Secure the hair with one hand when detangling
  • Always brush the ends first and work your way up
  • We recommend you brush the scalp to keep the extensions clean at the root area with an easilocks brush
  • Brush the hair before washing or having any chemical service
  • When shampooing the hair, work vertically not horizontally or in a circular motion as this will create less tangles
  • Condition from the ponytail down
  • Use leave in conditioner on the ends to keep the hair silky
  • Only use the correct products when wearing hair extensions as advised by your certified stylist, ie. Shampoo, conditioners , heat protection products etc, as this will maximize your result and sustain the high quality of the hair.
  • Shampoo your hair immediately after swimming in the sea or swimming pool to remove excess chlorine or salt from the hair
  • Tie your hair in a loose side pony or side plait when sleeping to reduce friction with the pillow when sleeping.
Dont's
  • Go to bed with wet hair
  • Condition the scalp with heavy conditioners
  • Wash upside down avoid using a circular motion to shampoo hair on top of head
  • Attempt to maintenance/remove your extensions yourself
  • Use silicone and sulphate free shampoo
  • Leave you hair wet for long periods of time without detangling it.
  • Don't leave the easilocks hair extensions in your hair for any longer than 3months (12weeks) , any longer and some damage may occur!
Last night was the first time I had washed my hair since getting the extensions put in on Saturday, I was scared because I didn't want to ruin them but I went ahead with it as my roots were becoming greasy which I hate! I had to wash my hair with a special shampoo and conditioner which contained no silicone or sulphate as this would prevent the extensions from slipping out or becoming loose. Luckily I found out that L'Oreal had a new brand of shampoo and conditioner out called EverSleek which contained no silicone or sulphate and was priced £5.99 each, which was much cheaper than the salon's recommendations! 
 It took me an hour to wash,dry and style my hair and it was harder than I had expected especially when shampooing my hair as I couldn't do any circular movements. But my extensions came out perfectly well, i just need to learn to treat it like my natural hair.

View from the front...

Overall, I love my extensions so far and would highly recommend them to anyone! Hope you enjoyed reading this post, and i hope it has made your mind up f you was thinking of getting them!

Victoria
xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment